As a result of a high quality and ambitious curriculum, children are courageous learners and lifelong readers. They have a deep love of others and their community. They are knowledgeable and prepared for learning and life beyond St Chad’s.
We follow the ATLP curriculum for most our wider curriculum subjects – Science, History, Geography, Art, DT, MFL.
School leaders across the partnership work collaboratively to develop and embed an exciting, engaging curriculum constructed through four core principles:
- The growing understanding of cognitive science and it’s impact on pupil outcomes
- The importance of building and applying knowledge
- Collaborative resourcing and strategic planning to impact positively on teacher workload and well-being
- Addressing social disadvantage and ensuring equality across the MAT, considering our cultural capital
There are 5 pillars which underpin all planning, teaching and learning:
- Teaching the ‘right’ learning – planning for and teaching tricky concepts.
- Development of schemata – ordering and sequencing learning in a logical way.
- Spaced practice – signposting and re-teaching key concepts.
- Retrieval practice – building in retrieval as this process strengthens learning.
- The application of knowledge – Applying key concepts and skills in varying contexts.
See below the Year Group and Subject overviews for Spring and Summer 2022 for Year 1 – Year 6
Year Group Overviews
We follow a mindful approach to PSHE through the PSHE Jigsaw programme.
Please see the ‘RE Curriculum’ page for more information about Religious Education.